Welcome to B for Bola Blog. I'll be publishing on a frequent basis ranting down my thoughts without a certain guideline but everything about the truth. To know more about me, read the about me column. Duh!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Compounding Factor

I believe you have heard of the power of compounding. Someone labeled it as the eighth wonders of the world, I forgotten who but I think it's Einstein. It's the accumulation of interest so subtle that you don't realize it at the beginning but as it gradually grows, soon its' effect seems to be exponential.

Of course you've seen it from one of the insurance presentation that your ex-primary schoolmate present to you. To add salt to the pain, she have not been in contact with you for 13 years and the first thing she comes and talk to you is that how she 'cares' for your retirement and wealth protection.

But other than insurance, in fact most of the things in our life also works on this compounding factor. Say for example; you hate your wife nagging at you, you hate people cutting queue in front of your car, you hate guy that covers his thin hair across his bald head and you hate waiter that brings you wrong order.

Each of this irritable behavior, standing alone doesn't carry much weight. Although it irritates you, you can tolerate. But if on the morning that you're about to go to work, you step on your kids toy and fell down spraining your back and your wife nags at your negligence followed by two idiot Malaysian driver cut your queue from both sides simultaneously; when you reach your breakfast spot, the new half bald waiter brings you a wrong order, I'm pretty sure he'll be screwed upside down by you. That's compounding factor at work.

I had a real experience today on the compounding factor. Normally my tolerance level is super high, but imagine the above description describes only my morning and I am being asserted by these situations 3 times a day for continuously 3 days. Would you blow? I did.

Sorry Michael, you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's why I FUCK-ED you. Anyway, you still suck BIG TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment